Crockpot Freezer Citrus Chicken Meal
Crockpot Freezer Citrus Chicken Meal is an easy super that the whole family will love. We loved the citrus flavor on a warm summer night. It was light and refreshing.
This is a Paleo and Whole 30 Compliant Recipe that is also gluten free. Be sure to use 100% Orange Juice with no added sugar (or just squeeze your own oranges). You can add additional red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
To prep this meal, use a gallon size zip loc freezer bag. In a freezer safe storage bag add all ingredients except the orange slices. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and add fresh orange slices. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Salt and pepper chicken before serving.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftover for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs. of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
I like to serve this delicious Crockpot Freezer Citrus Chicken Meal with roasted potatoes and butternut squash. It is an easy Whole 30 Friendly and Gluten Free Recipe that the entire family can enjoy.
Crockpot Freezer Citrus Chicken
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 whole Garlic Cloves crushed and minced
- 1 cup orange juice 100% Orange Juice - no sugar added
- 1/2 TSP orange zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice I like Santa Cruz Organic
- 1 tsp ground red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4-6 whole boneless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper - optional I like to slightly salt and pepper both sides of my chicken breasts before freezing
- 1 whole orange sliced - do not add until you cook
- In a freezer safe storage bag add all ingredients except the orange slices.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and add fresh orange slices.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt and pepper chicken before serving.
Sauteed Mushrooms, Squash and Zucchini
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
I made this fresh and used the juice from 1 orange and 1 lemon, fresh ginger and reduced the oil. Excellent chicken.
Wishing you would include nutritional facts on recipes.
You can easily input into My Fitness Pal and get them 🙂