If you love a good breakfast muffin as much as I do, then this recipe for delicious Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread Muffins are going to become a favorite. The combination of flavors is a perfect pairing that will satisfy your craving for a sweet treat while still remaining healthy. We like to call them Chunky Monkey Muffins. Trust us whatever you call them they are delicious!
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread Muffins
I love making these in larger batches to prep for future meals. Just double the recipe, and once they are out of the oven and cooled, you can pop them into a large freezer bag with the name and date to freeze. I recommend using them within 4 months of freezing. They are also good for up to a week when stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tips for Reheating
If you are heating from frozen, I recommend thawing in the refrigerator overnight for the best results. Just wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to heat through. Spread some fresh butter on them or a spritz of your favorite light margarine spread if you are watching your calories and points.
Banana Bread Muffins with Chocolate and WalnutsPrint Recipe
- 4 whole over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line or grease a muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mash the bananas.
- Fold the bananas into the sugar mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together, until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spatula, gently mix the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin, filling just over 2/3 full.
- Allow batter to sit in the tin for 20 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just beginning to go brown in the top.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
11 SmartPoints per muffin on the WW FreeStyle Plan
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
If you are looking for more great make-ahead muffins for breakfast or snacks, you’ll love the list below. Test out different flavors until you find your favorite. Remember that muffins are a great way to get extra fiber into your diet with great flavor!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Blender Muffins
- Sweetened Pumpkin Muffins
- 5 Ingredient Blender Muffins
- Raisin Bran Refrigerator Muffins
MORE WEIGHT WATCHERS TIPS:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!