BLT sandwich is my middle son’s favorite! He asks for the delicious bacon sandwich all the time. Here lately it has been on our monthly menu three times 🙂 But I can’t complain because who doesn’t love bacon?!?!?!
We have had a lot of baseball practices and games throughout the week, so this recipe has been perfect for those busy evenings. I like to make a shortcut and bake my bacon in the oven. If you need to know how to do this click here –>Kitchen Tip :: How to cook bacon in the oven = No Mess.
The key ingredient to me is a fresh tomato. I love to prepare these with a ripe tomato from the garden. Trust me, give this a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 package bacon prepared ( I bake mine in the oven, see link in post)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cleaned and broke into sandwich pieces
- 1 whole tomato sliced thinly
- 12 pieces of bread toasted
- mayonnaise optional
- Take one slice of toast and put 3 strips of bacon on it.
- Add 1-2 pieces of lettuce on top of bacon.
- Place 1 tomato slice on top.
- Take other piece of toast and spread 1/2 tablespoons of mayo on it.
- Place on top and enjoy.
Check out these other recipes from our recipe gallery:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.