Warm Potato Salad is best served hot, but we enjoyed it as a leftover side dish cold and it was still delicious! It is a fantastic twist on traditional potato salad. I love the combination with balsamic vinegar and whole grain mustard. Of course, you can never go wrong with bacon. It makes for a really flavorful and delicious choice for a picnic or BBQ. This is the perfect side dish recipe for summer picnic or BBQ.
This warm potato salad recipes are a delicious twist on the traditional version that is made with balsamic vinegar. I love the addition of the cooked onions too. It really changes up this classic side dish and elevates it to a fancy side dish that you could easily serve with a steak, grilled chicken or salmon.
Be sure to give this recipe a try! My husband thought it was delicious and he isn’t a huge fan of vinegar so that is saying a lot.
Warm Potato Salad
- 2 pounds New Potatoes
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- dash Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the new potatoes, and cook until just tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half.
- In a skillet heat 1/4 cup olive oil on low heat and cook onions and garlic until tender.
- Add potatoes to the skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper. Pour over the potatoes
- Add the basil and bacon. Toss everything to coat, and serve.
Side Dish Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.