Sausage and Sauerkraut has always been my favorite meal since I was a little girl. I would request Sausage and Sauerkraut for my birthday dinner every year. This meal is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! In my recipe for Sausage and Sauerkraut I use breakfast sausage links. I always serve Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato and Buttery Brussel Sprouts with this wonderful recipe.
Sausage and Sauerkraut is an easy one dish meal that is perfect for the New Year!
Sausage and Sauerkraut
- 1 bag sauerkraut
- 1 package breakfast sausage links
- Heat a large pot over med-high heat.
- Cut open sauerkraut bag and squeeze just the sauerkraut juice into pot.
- Add breakfast sausage links to pot.
- Soft boil the sausage links for about 15 minutes.
- Add sauerkraut to pot and stir to mix well.
- Heat everything together for about 5-7 minutes.
Check out these other wonderful recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.