There is nothing better than this Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe on Thanksgiving morning. This is a tradition at our house. I love making them with my own homemade pumpkin puree too!
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar. 2 teaspoons baking powder. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. 1/2 teaspoon salt. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg).
In a small bowl, combine the liquid ingredients (milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil) and stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Do not mix. Pour the batter by 1/4 cups onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray and turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Trust me you are going to fall in love with these delicious pancakes! Just add butter, syrup, toasted pecans and whipped cream if you want it and you have the perfect breakfast for Autumn. If you are hosting a fall breakfast or brunch this is going to be a hit on your menu.
We like to make these Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes on Thanksgiving morning. It is a tradition for my Dad to cook breakfast for the family and this is one of his favorites to prepare. It fills us up until the Thanksgiving feast. Be sure to give this Pumpkin Pancake Recipe a try! You will be happy you did.
Pumpkin Pancakes RecipePrint Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.