This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is an easy cake to make and is a crowd pleaser. Passed onto me from my Mom I love making this dessert in the fall.
No one ever knows that it is made from a cake mix either! Best of all you can make it with a gluten free cake mix too. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too!
Prepare in a large bowl by putting spice cake mix and the pumpkin, oil, pudding mix, unbeaten egg, cinnamon and water. Stir until moistened. Then beat for 7 minutes at high speed. Pour into a heavily buttered and floured pan (bundt) and drop pecans on top. Swirl with a scraper to mix nuts. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Use a toothpick to test doneness. Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the edge of pan with knife.
I like to make a simply powdered sugar glaze and decorating with chopped pecans on top. Trust me you are going to fall in love with this easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake. It is the perfect dessert recipe for fall! I like to serve this at Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Best of all this can be prepared gluten free when you use a gluten free or sugar free when you use sugar free pudding and a sugar free cake mix.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 Bundt Pan
- 1 package 2 layer spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely cut pecans
Powdered Sugar Glaze: Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
- 4 TBSP milk or water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large bowl put the spice cake mix and the pumpkin, oil, pudding mix, unbeaten egg, cinnamon and water.
- Stir until moistened. Then beat for 7 minutes at high speed. Pour into a heavily buttered and floured pan (bundt) and drop pecans on top.
- Swirl with a scraper to mix nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Use toothpick to test doneness.
- Let the cake cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Loosen edge of the pan with knife and place onto platter for serving.
- Make a glaze and garnish with chopped pecans if desired.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze Directions: Place the sifted powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, stirring to make a smooth glaze.