Peppermint Hot Chocolate is my hubby’s favorite of the season! He loves everything peppermint at this time of year and hot chocolate is no exception. Over the weekend we had some very cold weather and snow so it was a perfect time to make a pot of this delicious and creamy peppermint hot chocolate.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate calls for peppermint oil but if you do not have peppermint essential oil you can substitute and use peppermint extract. This is the perfect recipe for Christmas morning too!
Peppermint Hot ChocolatePrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Chopped candy cane for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, and salt and heat over medium-low heat.
- When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir until melted.
- Stir in the peppermint oil.
- Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream and chopped candy cane if desired.
Be sure to try these other Peppermint recipes:
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR AMAZING DESSERT RECIPES
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.