You could even poke holes through them with a nail or drill and add a tea light candle and turn them into luminaries.
Regardless they will make a cute table decoration for your patriotic event that won’t cost you much! You could use glass jars as well but with kids around I thought tin cans might be a better option.
Patriotic Tin Cans:
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Tin Cans
- Small Flags
- Collect 3 Tin Cans and wash and dry
- Place Newspaper down to protect table
- Wear and old t-shirt to avoid ruining your clothing
- Paint 1 can Red, 1 can Blue and 1 can White
- Allow to dry
- Attach a small American Flag to the inside of the can using tape
- Attach a small piece of white ribbon to each can
- Fill with flowers, plastic wear or other decoration and enjoy!
This craft was very inexpensive, I actually had everything in my supply closet. I picked up the paint, ribbon and flags at Michael’s using a 40% off coupon of course.
Other Patriotic Crafts To Enjoy:
You May Be Interested In These July 4th Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.