You are going to love this Patriotic Fruit Pie. It is so easy to prepare and is perfect for July the 4th or Labor Day parties.
Patriotic Fruit Pie:
My friend Mikaela brought this Patriotic Fruit Pie to our 4th of July cookout and it was so good. She used a store bought graham cracker crust but you are welcome to make your own if you want. She actually made this gluten free for me by using a gluten free crust. She picked it up at Walmart and it is the Mi-del brand.
I love how simple this fruit pie was to make and a nice twist on the traditional cookie pizza that you always see at 4th of July parties. Instead of using a sugar cookie dough she used a pie crust which gave the topping a cheesecake like texture because it wasn’t a thin consistency.
This dessert was so light and creamy and really had a great flavor. I loved having a simple dessert after overeating a bit too much from the cookout.
The nice thing about this Patriotic Fruit Pie is you can prepare it the evening before to save time. Just add your fruit right before you serve. This dessert is the perfect way to celebrate America’s Independence! I am so glad she made this to bring to our 4th of July party because now it is a new favorite for me.
Be sure to give this dessert recipe a try. It would be the perfect dessert for a Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day party. Or anytime you want to serve a Patriotic themed dessert like Veterans Day.
Patriotic Fruit Pie
- 1 whole graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 7 oz. container of marshmallow cream
- 2 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine the cream cheese, marshmallow cream, butter and vanilla in a bowl.
- Place into the graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Decorate with fruit of choice - we used blueberries and strawberries.
- Place in fridge to chill.