My friend Krystal made this delicious Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cake with lemon infused Cream Cheese Icing. She loves the combination of lemon and blueberries and I have to agree. I think this is the perfect cake for summer. It is so easy to make with a cake mix but no one realize that you used a cake mix. I love that you can adapt this recipe to use a sugar free cake mix or a gluten free cake mix. Of course you can use a regular cake mix if you desire.
She used a box of cake mix (yellow) however, you could use white as well. She added to the mix the zest of 2 large lemons. And then folded in 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries. Then baked according to the box directions in a bundt pan.
To prepare the icing she used 4 oz of cream cheese, 2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice, 1 cup confectioners sugar and 4 TBSP butter. Mix with an electric mixer until combined. Decorate the top of the cake with sliced lemons and fresh blueberries.
This gluten free lemon blueberry cake is the perfect summer dessert. It is so light and refreshing. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as we do. It is perfect with a cup of hot tea. Isn’t this cake plate gorgeous? It is her Mamaw’s and is over 100 years old. I love this recipe for bridal showers or baby showers too. This dessert is perfect for any party or family gathering.
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used gluten free)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 whole lemons
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 TBSP butter (unsalted)
- Follow the package instructions and mix the cake mix.
- She added to the mix the zest of 2 large lemons.
- And then folded in 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- Then baked according to the box directions in a bundt pan.
- To prepare the icing use 4 oz of cream cheese, 2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice, 1 cup confectioners sugar and 4 TBSP butter.
- Decorate the top with sliced lemons and fresh blueberries.
Gluten Free Recipes: