I am excited to share my recipe for this Hobo Foil Packet Dinner with you. This is the perfect easy dinner recipe for camping or staying in a cabin.
We just recently enjoyed a trip to a cabin at Red River Gorge and this meal was a huge hit! Of course you really can’t go wrong with meat and potatoes. I even snuck in a few veggies too with no complaint. The best thing about this meal is you can customize to suit each persons flavors and likes.
A tip is to take a sharpie marker with you and label each packet if you are customizing. This is a really inexpensive meal which is great when you are feeding a large crowd. It was everyone’s favorite meal too which was a huge Mom win for me!
I love that this is a complete dinner. You literally put all of your ingredients into the packet and cook either on the grill or over a campfire. It is perfect when camping because there is no clean up.
We served this easy dinner with corn on the cob but really it is easily a complete meal on its own. We hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe for Hobo Foil Packet Dinner as much as we did. It was a crowd pleaser for sure.
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Grill or Camp Fire
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 TBSP McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 lbs. Idaho Potatoes
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Mix hamburger with seasonings and make 10 equal size patties
- Wash and slice potatoes.
- Cut up onion into slices.
- On a piece of aluminum foil place a pat of butter.
- On top place your potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Add hamburger patty
- Carefully close the packet and seal well.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with shredded cheese if desired.