One of my best friends, Lynette, always makes us pies! They are amazing! One of my favorite things about her pies is the crust. I am not a huge crust fan, but this crust is simply delicious. When I was younger, I would actually eat the pie and leave the crust. Grandma’s No Fail Pie Crust has officially changed my mind.
Grandma’s No Fail Pie Crust is not a hard crust to make. It is as simple as just mixing a few ingredients and rolling it out! When she said no fail, she meant it.
Grandma's No Fail Pie Crust
- 5 Cups Flour
- 2.5 Cups Shortening
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 1 large Egg
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Place lightly beaten egg in 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add 1 Tbs vinegar on top of the egg and then fill to the top with cold water.
- Add egg, vinegar, and water mix to flour and shortening mixture.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll out and place in pie plate for your favorite pie. (Makes 4/5 pie crust)
- Pole Holes in the bottom and sides with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Cream Cheese Banana Pudding – I am a true Southerner! Banana Pudding is life! What better thing to blend into banana pudding than cream cheese?
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.