Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken is one of those meals that makes your mouth water when you walk in the house after a long day! I love using my slow cooker and being able to walk into the house and have dinner on the table for my family. This is a delicious gluten free and dairy free recipe. It is perfect if you are eating low carb or following the Keto Diet.
This is a dump and go slow cooker recipe. Simply place salsa, cumin, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the slow cooker and set on LOW for about 4 hours. That is it!
After four hours remove chicken from crockpot and shred with 2 forks. Or you can shred using a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Serve immediately with taco shells, on a low carb tortilla or on top of a bed of lettuce with toppings. I like it with cheese and sour cream.
The leftover meat makes a terrific salad the next day too! You can prep this recipe on a Sunday and have lunch ready for the week! I hope your family enjoys this Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Chicken as much as mine does!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 16 oz. jar of organic gluten-free salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- corn taco shells
- gluten-free casein-free guacamole
- dairy-free sour cream
- Daiya cheese
- any other toppings of your choice
- Place salsa, cumin, granulated onion, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set on LOW for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve immediately with shells and toppings.
- (Note: The leftover meat makes a terrific salad the next day too!)
Gluten Free Recipes:
Buttery Brussel Sprouts
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese
Easy Potato Soup
Fresh Blueberry Sauce/Topping Recipe
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.