Easy Homemade Doughnuts are so yummy and all you need is a can of Pillsbury biscuits, cinnamon and sugar. My boys love helping me make these and sometimes they are sneaky and are popping them in their mouths before they even have a chance to cool off. Sometimes I even like to surprise them and have these yummy doughnuts ready when they wake up.
Be sure to keep an eye on the doughnuts when cooking because they do cook fast. If your oil is too hot it will burn the doughnuts. It is best to keep the temp low.
So, if your kids love doughnuts like mine do this is a great recipe to keep on hand when they request donuts. Plus, you can make donut holes too! Homemade Doughnuts are easy to make and taste delicious! Perfect for a weekend breakfast with the family! Give this recipe a try soon!
Easy Homemade Doughnuts
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable or canola oil You can also use shortening just make sure to use enough for the biscuits to be able to float
- Heat oil in medium size pan over low-medium heat.
- Open can of biscuits and lay biscuits on a tray or cookie sheet.
- Cut holes in center of biscuits (I use a thimble) and place to the side; you can use these to make doughnut holes.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in medium size bowl and mix thoroughly; set to the side.
- Carefully place 1-2 biscuits in oil.
- After 30-45 seconds flip with tongs or flip when they are golden brown.
- Watch carefully because they cook fast.
- After 30-45 seconds pull them out and place in sugar bowl.
- Stir and flip in sugar to coat doughnut.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits til done.
- Serve and enjoy.
Be sure to check out these other Breakfast recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.