Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal
This yummy Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal recipe is an amazing family dinner! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So, I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This tasty recipe has been one of our family favorite freezer meals so far! I served the delicious Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal as a complete dinner and for dessert we had vanilla sorbet.
This Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is so good and it’s an easy freeze oven ready meal that everyone will love. The recipe below will make two batches, so you can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later! My whole family loved this recipe and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer MealPrint Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 6 cups shredded cheese I used Mexican style
- 20 flour tortillas
- 4 15 oz cans enchilada sauce (red and/or green – I used 2 red sauce for the mixture, and 1 red sauce on top of one batch and 1 green sauce on top of the other)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chiles, drained
- Optional toppings if desired; sour cream olives, salsa, lettuce, beans, rice
- 2- 9 x13 pan
- Place raw chicken in a boiling pot of water and Boil for 20 mins, or until chicken can be shredded.
- Then using a cutting board and fork, shred the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, cheese, chiles, black beans, and 2 cans of the enchilada sauce.
- With a large spoon, fill 10 tortillas with the mixture.
- Roll it up and place it in 9X13 baking dish with seams down.
- Repeat doing another 10 tortillas until all chicken mixture is used in another baking dish.
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce over the top of each batch.
- Cover with heavy duty foil and label with a permanent marker.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for more protection from freezer burn.
- Store in freezer.
- To prepare from frozen, bake at 400F for 45-60 mins, until melted and bubbly.
- Serve right away and add optional toppings if desired.
More Posts You May Enjoy:
20 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 4 Hours
Crockpot Honey Brown Sugar Pork
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
What size are your flour tortillas in this recipe? Thanks for your guidance!
10″ tortillas. Thanks!
Do you reheat with the foil still covering?
I prefer to reheat with the foil to keep it from drying out.
How long can these be kept frozen?
Would you change any of the instructions if using soft corn tortillas in stead of flour?
if the chicken is already cooked, why do you have to cook in the oven for 45-60 mins once it’s thawed?