Cucumber Mango Green Smoothie is my favorite green smoothie yet! I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies at a class and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe for you – now if you loved those you are really going to love this one. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. In fact I am down 3 lbs this week! Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind (but in my opinion the lemon essential oil works better) to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better A great tip is to freeze your own fruit when it is a stockpile price. I hope you enjoy! You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
UPDATE: You may enjoy this post – How to Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 3 Points
Cucumber Mango Green SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or you can use sweetened if you want it sweeter
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 leaves of kale or swiss chard
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 tsp. lemon rind or 2 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 leaves of organic mint - don't have to add this but it is awesome
- *little stevia if you desire it to be sweeter
- Add 2 cups of almond milk to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach, the kale and swiss chard
- Blend greens - add more greens if desired
- Add cucumber (peel included) - chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- Add 1 stalk of celery (chopped because I don't have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add 1/2 cup frozen mango
- Add 2 drops of lemon essential oil or some freshly ground lemon peel
- If you want add the fresh mint (it is amazing)
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
- You don't have to get hung up on measuring - feel free to "eye ball" it or use what you have in your refrigerator.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Other posts you may be interested in: