Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are amazing! This is a family favorite recipe! This recipe is perfect for large crowds and holidays. You make this side dish one time and everyone will beg for you to prepare again!
My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural). When you have Celiac Disease you can often find substitutions for ingredients in recipes. You can also add special ingredients to recipes. The great thing is when you are cooking you are in control of what you eat!
This recipe is perfect for game day, potlucks or family dinners. Everyone is sure to love this one! Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes for the win!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 whole small onion thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 whole red potatoes quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions optional
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Check out some of our DESSERT RECIPES
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!