This is the best pasta salad to take along to barbecues, camping or just a grill out with family – Creamy Macaroni Salad. This pasta salad is so creamy, full of flavor and taste scrumptious. You can prepare this salad a few days before and then there’s no need to waste time making it the day of.
The best part of this pasta salad is you can add whatever mix-in’s you want. My mother likes to add fresh sliced carrots and frozen peas. This Creamy Macaroni Salad is versatile and you can make it to your family’s liking. Be sure to try this delicious salad this summer, you will not be disappointed!
Creamy Macaroni Salad
- 1 package 1 lb, elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- dash ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup velveeta cheese cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 large hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 Tbsp Pimentos
- Prepare macaroni to al dente according to package directions.
- After macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Once macaroni has cooled down, drain well.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss macaroni with cheese, cucumbers, eggs, celery and pimentos.
- Fold in mayonnaise mixture until pasta is well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight.
- If the salad seems a little dry after setting up overnight, add some milk a little bit at a time until salad becomes nice and creamy again.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
10 Favorite Recipes:
All of these recipes are crowd pleasers. I love to serve the Easy Brunch Punch and Easy Fruit Salad at parties and holidays. Be sure to give these 10 Favorite Recipes a try!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.