I love the simplicity of this Classic Steak de Burgo recipe! I added peppers to it because I had them fresh from my garden. It was a big hit at our house! If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe this, is it!
Classic Steak de Burgo is a delicious dish that is packed full of flavor. Simple enough on a busy weeknight and delicious enough for company. Be sure to give this easy recipe a try. I will to serve it over rice which is a nice way to expand your grocery budget.
Classic Steak de Burgo
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3, TBSP snipped fresh basil
- 4, 4 oz beef tenderloin steaks
- dash salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3, cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1, TBSP olive oil
- 1, cups fresh mushrooms quartered about 6 oz
- 1 whole green pepper sliced
- In a small bowl combine 3 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP basil; set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook and stir garlic in hot olive oil and remaining 1 TBSP butter over medium-low heat 4 to 6 minutes or until just brown. With a slotted spoon remove garlic from skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; add remaining 1 TBSP basil.
- Cook steaks in skillet turning once.
- Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Transfer to serving platter; top each with butter-basil mixture.
- Add mushrooms and green peppers to skillet. Cook and stir until tender and brown about 3 minutes. Spoon vegetables over steaks.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.