Bacon and Cheese make everything better and that couldn’t be more true with this amazing recipe of Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats. It is the perfect recipe to grill.
Do you think bacon and cheese make everything better??? You are not alone because my family thinks the same exact thing! If you love grilling brats during the summer like I do, then you must try this recipe because I promise you will not be disappointed!
I love using Johnsonville Brats for their great taste and fulfilling ingredients. This year, you can also spice up your traditional backyard gathering by adding different flavors to your favorite sausage lineup with the new Butcher Shop and Griller varieties. Best of all this is a great low carb recipe! You will fall in love if you are eating Keto.
For this grilling recipe you only need a few ingredients – brats, cheese slices, bacon slices and toothpicks. Before assembling the brats you will want to soak the toothpicks in water. This helps them not catch on fire when on the grill. Soak for at least 30 minutes if not longer. When assembling the brats start by cutting a slice in the brat and stuff the cheese inside.
Next start wrapping the bacon around the brat. Avoid overlapping the bacon so it cooks evenly. Keep the bacon in place by inserting toothpicks. I use 3-4 toothpicks per brat. Once the Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats are ready, heat the grill and get to cooking! These brats are perfect for Father’s Day or any barbecue you may have this summer. Be sure to give them a try, you will not be disappointed!
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Brats
- 1 pkg. brats
- 3 pieces string cheese sticks sliced into smaller pieces
- 12 slices bacon slices about 1 to 1 1/2 slices per brat
- 1 pkg. toothpicks about 3 per brat presoak in water, this prevents them from catching fire
- For each brat, cut a lengthwise slit about 3/4 of the way through, leaving the ends intact.
- Stuff cheese tightly inside.
- Using a toothpick, secure a strip of bacon at one end of the brat and start wrapping, keeping the bacon snug but avoiding overlapping.
- If you run out of bacon before you get to the end of the brat, continue your wrapping with another half strip.
- Secure bacon with toothpicks in the center and at the end of the brat.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Place brats over indirect heat and grill first side for 4 minutes or until bacon is crispy and cooked through on that side.
- Rotate brats a quarter of a turn and repeat.
- Continue until all four sides of each bacon-covered brat are cooked.
- Remove toothpicks and serve brats on toasted buns with desired condiments.
More Grilling Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Johnsonville however all opinions are 100% our own.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.