Autumn Chicken & Apple Cider Crockpot Chili is the perfect recipe for the fall weather we had this past weekend here in northern Kentucky. A cold front moved in and I was not complaining. Apples, pumpkins and chili have been on my brain this week. My kids had been sick with a nasty virus for a few days so we were staying in all day, making it a great time to let this chili slowly cook all day.
To prepare heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add celery, garlic, bay leaves and onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add cornstarch, sage and thyme; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add to slow cooker. Next add chicken, beans, chicken stock, cider, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne to the crockpot. Stir well and place lid on. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve chili garnished with chopped apples, if desired.
Let’s just say the aroma from the Autumn Chicken & Apple Cider Crockpot Chili was making our stomachs rumble. My husband kept asking when will it be ready. I made a French bread loaf, from the bakery, to serve with it.
Be sure to make this delicious chicken chili because you will not be disappointed! You can even make this as a freezer meal by combining everything into a Ziploc bag, except for the liquids. Add the liquids when you place in the crockpot to make it. I know I will be adding Autumn Chicken & Apple Cider Crockpot Chili to my future meal prep that I will be doing in a few weeks, be sure to check back for it!
Autumn Chicken & Apple Cider Crockpot ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Meat from 2 roasted/rotisserie chickens
- 4 15.5 ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Chopped apples for garnish
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, garlic, bay leaves and onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add cornstarch, sage and thyme; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Next add chicken, beans, chicken stock, cider, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne to the crockpot.
- Stir well and place lid on.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve chili garnished with chopped apples, if desired.
More Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
INTERESTED IN FREEZER COOKING?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.