Wood Slice Ornament
This little Wood Slice Sheet Music Ornament is so precious! What a great way to honor the musician in your life and add a cute whimsical look to your tree. This is ideal for rustic ornament and farmhouse style ornament needs this year. You can make dozens of these in no time at all!
Wood Slice Sheet Music Ornament
I love adding a new ornament to the tree every year. If you want to add homemade ornaments, then this one is sure to be a new favorite. It’s so easy to make that you can do this with little ones, or you can even make this a part of a fun girl’s night in where you do a Zoom call and create these together as a fun event!
Where Can I Find Wood Slices?
I picked these up at my local Dollar Tree, but you can find them at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, or sometimes even at Walmart. Of course, if you have scrap lumber you can also cut from that, but I like the ones that are cut and sold already sliced and ready to use.
Do I Have to Use Mod Podge on These?
If you aren’t worried about setting it for long term, you don’t have to put Mod Podge over the top. I prefer adding this layer of protection so the ornaments will last for many years. You can also use a different spray sealant if you are making a lot of them at once. That saves a bit of time and makes it easy to coat all at once.
- Wood slices
- Craft glue
- Mod Podge
- Twine or ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Sheet music
How to Make a Wood Slice Ornament
- Start by tracing the wood slices directly onto the sheet music.
- Cut out, trim to fit the wood slices well.
- Brush a layer of glue on the wood slice. Press the sheet music to the slice. Smooth out.
- Brush some Mod Podge over the wood slice/sheet music to protect it. Allow them to dry.
- Use hot glue (it will be stronger than regular glue) and twine or ribbon to create a hanger on the back of the slice. Allow to dry.
Your sheet music wood slice ornament is now ready to be displayed.
More Holiday Decoration Ideas
- How to Make an Easy Decoupage Christmas Ornament
- Upcycled Christmas Frame Craft
- Rustic Christmas Wreath Tutorial
- How to Make a Rustic Deer Mason Jar Ornament
- Holiday Hoop Wreath
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.