Simple Hamburger Pie is a great meal that is ready in 30 minutes! Tastes similar to Shepherd’s Pie but with fewer ingredients and less time in the kitchen to make it. My boys loved this hearty dinner recipe. My husband even asked if I could put it back on the menu for next week!
The flavors all mixed together give this Simple Hamburger Pie a great comfort feeling. That same feeling you get when you eat chili or meatloaf. Next time you need a quick and easy dinner be sure to try this scrumptious Simple Hamburger Pie!
Simple Hamburger Pie is a great 30 minute dinner meal! Be sure to give it a try!
Simple Hamburger Pie
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can green beans 16 ounce- drained
- 1 can condensed tomato soup 10.75 ounce
- 1 can mushrooms 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes and garlic in a large pot until tender, then drain.
- While potatoes are cooking brown the ground beef, mushrooms and onion, until burger is no longer pink, and onion is tender, drain if needed.
- In a large bowl combine the burger, condensed tomato soup, and canned beans; transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a potato masher or electric mixer combine the milk, pepper,egg, salt and mash the potatoes.
- Using a spoon-spoon the mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole.
- Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the mashed potato edges start to brown.
More 30 Minute Dinner Meals
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.