Mexican Fried Ice-Cream is one of our favorite family treats! You often find this when dining out so why not learn how to make it at home! Mexican Fried Ice Cream is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any day!
My friend Christina taught me how to make this dessert. She is from Morelia, Mexico and often cooks for us when we go to visit my mom. She loves preparing traditional Mexican foods for us. I always request her homemade guacamole too! Be sure to give this sweet treat a try. It is so very good and not hard to make!
If you are hosting a Mexican themed dinner or a Mexican Fiesta this would be the perfect dessert to serve. You can prep it in advance which is nice too.
Mexican Fried Icecream
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 16 flour tortillas 6 inch each
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal or cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- chocolate syrup
- Scoop 8 large icecream balls and place on a cookie sheet and put in your freezer for about 1 hour.
- Fry each tortilla, one at a time in hot oil over medium/high heat until crispy. Tortillas will float to the top.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over both sides of the fried tortillas, coating evenly. I like to use a shaker or a McCormick cinnamon/sugar grinder.
- Using the other half of the cinnamon mixture, combine with the corn flakes or cinnamon toast crunch cereal into a small bowl.
- Place a scoop of ice cream in the cereal mixture and with your hands roll the ice cream until it is entirely coated with cereal mixture.
- Place the ice cream scoop on the center of 2 cinnamon/sugar coated tortillas.
- Spray whipped cream around the base of the ice cream. Spray an additional whip cream on top of the ice cream. Place a cherry or two on top of the ice cream.
Check out these Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.