This freezer meal recipe for Homemade French Toast Sticks is perfect for back to school time! It is an affordable and easy way to make breakfast for on the go.
My kids love French toast sticks from the store, but I love to save money by making my own. You can prepare large batches of these French toast sticks and have them on hand for back to school mornings. They are super easy to heat up in the microwave or the oven and the kids will have a good breakfast before heading off to school for the day. Best of all you can control the ingredients you use.
You prepare and cook the French Toast Sticks, but if you are freezing you do not want to cook them all the way because they will finish cooking in the microwave or oven when you prepare them from frozen. When making them to freeze I only cook them long enough to get a good crisp edge all over. I then put on a baking sheet and flash freeze them for 30 minutes. Place in a ziplock bag and when you want to have them. Place 4 sticks on a plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for 30-45 seconds, flip over and microwave for another 15-20 seconds then serve with syrup. French Toast Sticks make the perfect before school breakfast and they are super quick and easy to make!
French Toast SticksPrint Recipe
- 8 slices of Texas Toast Bread more if freezing large batch
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- Cooking spray or butter
- Cut each of the texas toast slices into thirds, while doing this heat your saucepan on the stove to medium heat and coat with a small amount of cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs and milk together with a whisk.
- Dip your slices of texas toast into the egg mixture and place in your pan.
- Cook on all edges/sides until golden brown (if freezing do not cook all the way).
- Serve right away or if freezing place on a baking sheet making sure they do not touch, then flash freeze for 30 minutes and then store in ziploc bag until ready to use.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.