Hanky Panky has always been one of my favorite appetizer recipes to make and serve. I LOVE how easy it is to prepare and that it serves a large crowd.
Best of all you can serve it in a variety of ways! You can easily make it into individual appetizers like pictured above or you can place it into a crockpot and serve it with tortilla chips. You can even serve it on a baked potato or a slider bun for a filling meal.
I started making this recipe with my students when I taught Home Economics and continued to make this recipe for friends and family at Holidays, parties and special occasions. It is perfect for New Year’s Eve or Game Day! It is a crowd pleaser and best of all it can easily be gluten free too!
To make gluten free just be sure that your sausage and Worcestershire sauce is gluten free. You can use gluten free bread, tortilla chips or the baked potato to serve.
For this recipe I used Johnsonville Italian Sausage (mild). I love how easy the ground sausage is to use in cooking. My family really loved this appetizer that I made for Christmas Eve this year! I have heard this called other names as well. Sometimes this recipe is referred to as a Polish Mistakes too. Have you heard it called another name?
Hanky Panky Appetizer
- 1 box Velveeta Cheese small box
- 1 lb sausage I used Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 package party rye bread or you can use slider buns or tortilla chips
- In a large skillet cook your ground beef and sausage until done (no pink) and crumble
- Add Worcestershire sauce, parsley and Velveeta cheese (I cubed up the Velveeta to help it melt easier.
- After melted add a large TBSP to the top of a party rye and broil or bake at 400 degrees until the bread "toasts" and the meat and cheese mixture slightly bubbles.
- Serve immediately.
- Another serving method is to toast your party rye and add the meat mixture to a crockpot and serve it more as a dip or with slider buns.
In case you want to serve it on top of a baked potato we love making our potatoes in the crock pot! It is a great way to keep your oven free!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post however all opinions are 100% my own.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.