GF Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken is a different take on Sweet and Sour Chicken, perfect for summer grilling! I like to serve this with quinoa or brown rice. Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken is better than take out and tastes AMAZING!
I think you will love this GF Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken! We have many more amazing Gluten Free and Casein Free recipes here on StockpilingMoms!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 2 15 oz cans crushed pineapple in its own juice; reserve juice
- 2 cups ketchup divided equally
- 2/3 cup brown sugar divided equally
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice divided equally
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon rind divided equally
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp sweet rice flour
- Drain and reserve (separately) both juices and pineapple from the 2 cans of crushed pineapple.
- Whisk together the 2 cups reserved pineapple juice, 1 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind.
- Add the chicken breast halves and marinate in refrigerator for 3 or more hours.
- Place chicken over medium heat on a hot grill and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on stove, prepare the sweet and sour sauce by combining the reserved crushed pineapple, 1 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind, and 1 Tbsp sweet rice flour.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until sauce thickens.
- When chicken is almost cooked, pour 1/2 cup of sauce into a small dish and baste chicken while it grills.
- Remove fully cooked chicken breasts from heat and place on serving dish. Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
Gluten Free Desserts:
GLUTEN FREE FREEZER MEALS
Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili (Reader Favorite)
Slow Cooker Honey Pork Chops and Apples (Melissa’s Favorite)
Homemade Frozen Shredded Hash Browns (Easy Side Dish Recipe)
Crockpot 3 Ingredient Chicken & Sweet Potatoes (Reader Favorite)
Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew (Melissa’s Favorite)
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.