This Crockpot Lasagna Recipe is a Sunday favorite for our family. I like to serve with Garlic Breadsticks and a huge tossed salad. This is always a crowd pleaser for my boys. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! Best of all this is a great vegetarian Crockpot Lasagna Recipe. I love to cook meatless several times a week because it is a great money saver and pasta is a great way to do that! Of course you are always welcome to add meat to the recipe too! If you are going to do that, I suggest that you brown the meat with the onion and continue on with the recipe.
If preparing as a freezer meal – simply place all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except for your tomato sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker. Add sauce and reserve cheese until the last 10 minutes.
Easy Crockpot Lasagna is the perfect recipe on busy weeknights! Sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Crockpot LasganaPrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans 15 ounces each Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 8 ounces
- 1 container 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces.
- If preparing as a freezer meal - Simply place all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except for your tomato sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker. Add sauce and reserve cheese until the last 10 minutes.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.