Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites are a wonderful addition to the dessert table this Christmas! This recipe is a must try if you love cheesecake and chocolate. Over the weekend, we went to my father’s family annual Christmas party and tasted these delicious treats. My aunt Sherry made them and everyone could not stop eating them. We all kept sneaking back to get more and more. I told her I had to have the cheesecake recipe to share with all of you.
She said one of the tricks to making these Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites is to make sure they’re as cold as possible when dipping them in the chocolate. If they warm up too much pop them back in the freezer until they’re firm and frozen again. So be sure to follow this tip when making them!
Chocolate Covered Cheesecake BitesPrint Recipe
For the crust:
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 1 stick 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the chocolate coating:
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- To make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 by 8-inch square baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until light golden and fragrant.
- Reduce heat to 325°F.
- To make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- On low speed, add in the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt and beat until just combined.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter over the crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cheesecake is slightly puffed and center is set.
- If the center is slightly jiggly, that’s fine.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Freeze for 3 hours, or until very cold and firm, or overnight.
- To coat in chocolate: Once frozen, lift cheesecake out of pan and gently peel away foil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut cheesecake into 36 bite-size squares.
- If squares become too soft, freeze until chilled again.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Place parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Dip cheesecake squares, one at a time, in the melted chocolate.
- Let the excess drip off and place on prepared sheet.
- Repeat for all the squares then refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Serve or store the squares in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
More Cheesecake Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.