Homemade Alfredo Sauce is so simple to make and tastes so much fresher than jar sauce. All you need for this delicious homemade sauce is 6 ingredients and 10 minutes!
It does not get much easier than that. The ingredients are simple too. You may even have them on hand right now in your kitchen.
You will need butter, cream cheese, garlic powder, milk, Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Simple and all natural ingredients isn’t it??? I love to use this Homemade Alfredo Sauce in these great recipes – Cheesy Alfredo Spaghetti Squash and Fettuccine Alfredo. I like to store my sauce in a ball canning jar and be sure to seal it correctly for longer storage.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce made with only 6 ingredients! This is my son’s favorite and he says it is better than at a restaurant.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package 8 ounce, cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
More Homemade Sauce/Seasoning Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.